Humane Society Silicon Valley Presents
Puppy Socials- Where there's a party for every puppy!
Trainer Supervised socials, where your puppy will learn important play skills and bite inhibition that they can take with them into their adult lives as well as exposure to environmental stimulus to help build confidence, assist in development and prevent fearful behavior in adulthood!
When: Sundays @ 10am-10:45am **May not be
held every Sunday due to holidays or other HSSV events. Please check www.hssv.org/calendar to
ensure that puppy socials are being held the Sunday you plan to attend.
Who: Sundays socials @ 10am are a requirement for
puppies attending their first (Sunday) puppy social and
highly recommended for more shy/fearful puppies! 20 Puppies Limit. First-serve basis.
Puppy Social Requirements:
- Puppies must be between 8-18 weeks of age OR currently enrolled in a Humane Society Silicon Valley "Beginning Puppy Training" Class when they attend their first social.
- Puppies must have age appropriate vaccinations at all times and must be 10 days past their initial DHPP vaccination to attend. Puppies over 18 weeks require Rabies & Bordetella in addition to DHPP vaccinations. Please Note: At this time we do not require vaccination against the Canine Influenza Virus, however we HIGHLY recommend it! For more details, please check with your Veterinarian.
- Bring vaccinations records with you to your first social. Puppies without vaccination records will not be admitted. We are unable to access records for puppies adopted from HSSV.
- Puppy Socials are not a place to work on behavioral issues such as resource guarding, aggression, etc.. This is intended to be a safe place for socialization and training of friendly pups. Trainers are qualified to and reserve the right to excuse any puppy from the social for any reason.
What to Bring:
- Your puppy on a flat buckle or clip collar (no
harnesses, metal, slip collars for play)
- 4-6 foot leash (no retractable leashes)
- Lots of treats cut up very small
- Water for your pup (and a bowl if possible)
Fee: $10 Cash at the door- No prior registration necessary.
Space is limited, late arrivals may not be admitted. Please
arrive on time. First come first serve.
Sunday socials are run by Melissa Dallier.
For additional information on puppy socials and attendance requirements click here
Still have questions? Email us at email@example.com or call 408.262.2133 ext 352