Pet Guardianship Program
Planning for the future of a precious pet’s next home, if necessary, is something that every responsible pet owner should consider, and is not only reserved for the elderly, or those planning risky surgery. If you don’t have a family member, neighbor, or friend who agrees today to care for your pet in case you no longer can, the Pet Guardianship Program offered by Humane Society Silicon Valley (HSSV) is here for you.
By enrolling your pet(s) in our Pet Guardianship Program, you save your family members or friends from dealing with what can be a painful pet surrender process. With our Cat Biography and Dog Biography forms, YOU tell us in advance about your pet, personality and behavior, medical needs, feeding habits, likes and dislikes, typical home life, etc. We have the information on record, so your designated friend or family member bringing him to our shelter isn’t left guessing about your pet’s preferences and needs.
All we ask is that you make an annual donation of any amount to HSSV, and include us in your will or trust. In return, we will do everything in our power to ensure your beloved pet finds the perfect new home.
Enrollment in Our Pet Guardianship Program is Easy!
- Thoroughly complete the Cat Biography form or Dog Biography form (a PDF, best viewed in Adobe Reader) and mail to the address below. Keep a copy of this document with your will.
- Designate a friend, relative, neighbor, or executor of your estate to bring your pet to HSSV if necessary.
- Make an annual donation of any amount to HSSV.
- Specify in your will or trust the following:
- Your pet is to be entrusted to HSSV at your death. You may wish to write the statement: “At the time of my death, I give my pet(s) to Humane Society Silicon Valley’s Pet Guardianship Program”.
- Humane Society Silicon Valley is a beneficiary, to cover our expenses as we work to find a new home for your pet(s). (If possible, please send us a copy of this portion of your will so we have this important information on file.)
We would love to know more about your pet(s) and help you plan for their future. Please download your Cat Biography form and/or Dog Biography form for each of your pets. If your pets are bonded and should be re-homed together, you should download and complete the Companionship Supplement Form.
Please return these forms to:
Attn: Joanna Wlodarzewska
901 Ames Ave.
Milpitas, CA 95035
For more information on our Pet Guardianship Program, to have Cat Biography or Dog Biography forms mailed to you, or to get answers to any of your questions, please call Joanna Wlodarzewska at 408-262-2133 ext. 119, or email email@example.com