To qualify for this FREE service, you must:
- be a resident of San Jose in one of these zip codes: 95111, 95112, 95116, 95122, and 95127
- have identification that proves residency (e.g. utility bill, driver's license)
- have a dog who is a Chihuahua or Chihuahua mix
Please note, if you dog is not immunized, he/she will receive an updated rabies vaccine and a Distemper/Parvo vaccine on the day of the surgery, free of charge. A further Bordetella vaccine is available at a discounted price of $20 (a $5 savings!).
Special! Nix the nuts in February! Humane Society Silicon Valley, together with participating veterinary offices are supporting Spay & Neuter Month. We are offering the same discounted price on spay or neuter surgeries throughout the month of February, at a participating location near you.
Where to go to make an appointment:
As part of our mission to save and enhance lives, we are pleased to partner with San Jose Animal Care & Services and Silicon Valley Animal Control Authority (SVACA) to offer free spay or neuter surgery (normally $85-$170) for Chihuahuas and Chihuahua mixes.
Call for an appointment: (408) 262-2133
English: x380, Spanish: x381
|Click here to make an appointment||Click here to make an appointment|
Things to do before surgery:
- Drop off your dog between 6:30 A.M. and 7:30 A.M.,but no later than 7:30 A.M.
- Fill out the Spay/Neuter Surgery Release form in English or Spanish at home if someone else is bringing in your dog.
- Make sure your dog is on leash when dropping off at our Medical Center.
- Pick up your dog on that same day between 4:00 P.M. and 6:00 P.M. (Mon. - Sat.)
-Prices of services subject to change without notice-