Effective Date: March 2011
Humane Society Silicon Valley (“HSSV”) is committed to protecting your privacy. We will not voluntarily share your personal information with third parties unless you have consented to the disclosure or the disclosure is necessary as specified below. This policy explains what information we collect from you and how we use that information. By using our website, whether to make donations, purchase products or services, become a member of the HSSV community or otherwise, you consent to the terms of this policy.
What information we collect and how we use it
The amount of information we collect about you will depend upon the actions you take on our site.
- When you visit our site, we collect your IP address, which we use to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our site, measure our site traffic and to improve our products and services.
- Your IP address is used to gather broad demographic information that does not personally identify you.
- If you come to our site from a link, we capture the information about where you came from so that we may understand from where our referrals come.
- We capture the pages that you visit when on our site so that we can help personalize your future visits.
- When you sign up to our website you must first set up an account. Setting up an account requires you to provide your email address and choose a user name and password (“Account Information”).
- When you order from us, we will ask for your name, email address, telephone number, as well as your credit card number, billing address, and expiration date (your “Order Information”). This information is necessary for us to process your order and to notify you of your order status.
- We may use your Account Information and Order Information to occasionally notify you about important changes to the website and new features or offerings you may find useful. You will be able to opt-out of receiving such information if you do not wish to receive it.
- We do collect information on purchases made and this information can be aggregated to allow us to plan and promote additional offerings via the website or email messages.
- If you complete a customer survey, we will collate and may publish the results but we will not separately identify you or your responses.
- If you send us email or other correspondence we may keep that information in a file specific to you.
How to update your information
You can modify or correct your personal information at any time by logging in as an existing member and updating your Account Information.
How we protect your information
This website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. When you place orders or access your account information, we use a secure server. The secure server layer encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. All of the customer data we collect is similarly protected against unauthorized access.
We will not voluntarily share your personal information with third parties unless you have consented to the disclosure or the disclosure is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with any legal process, (2) protect and defend our rights and property, (3) protect our customers or users from misuse or unauthorized use of the HSSV website, or (4) protect the personal safety or property of our customers or the public.
HSSV may provide aggregate statistics about our members, customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to third parties, but these statistics will include no personal identifying information.
Links to other Websites
Our site contains links to other websites operated by third parties that we think may be of interest to you. Please remember, however, that HSSV cannot be responsible for the actions of those other sites, the content of their sites, or any products or services they may offer.
How to contact us
HSSV welcomes your questions and comments about privacy. Please send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org